Windsor RSL Cash Housie
Every Tuesday & Thursday at 7pm
Saturdays at 11am
Proudly Supporting Little Wings Charity
Little Wings: Our Story
Little Wings is a not for profit organisation supporting children with life threatening illnesses. They provide a free flight service to children and their families living in regional and rural NSW to and from specialised treatment at Children’s Hospital at Westmead. They will soon commence service to John Hunter Children’s Hospital in Newcastle.
Our Passion and Goals: Little Wings objective is to provide support and care to these families to lessen the impact of this traumatic event.
Little Wings supports these families by:
- Lessening the travel fatigue experiences by repeatedly travelling by road, train or commercial flights;
- Lessening the financial burden associated with long distance travel and time away from employment;
- Returning children home in a timely and safe manner enabling the families to remain together as much as possible. This improves the child’s quality of life, recovery process and family cohesiveness;
- Providing urgent short notice transport services for family members to support their sick child;Increasing the effectiveness of the child’s treatment by not having them exposed to the risk of infection associated with travelling on public transport and commercial flights.
Windsor RSL Club Cash Housie is in support of Little Wings. Prizes vary depending on the number of books sold. A maximum of 75% of gross proceeds of a housie session are used as prizes for people playing. The remaining 25% of proceeds are utilised within Little Wings. Authorised under NSW Permits GOCMJH/1933 & GOCMJH/1934
There will be no Windsor RSL Cash Housie on the following dates:
- Tuesday 24th December 2019
- Thursday 26th December 2019
- Saturday 28th December 2019
- Tuesday 31st December 2019
- Thursday 2nd January 2020
- Saturday 4th January 2020