Windsor RSL offers a relaxed, friendly atmosphere and comfortable environment for all members and guests.
After World War II, some veterans met each afternoon at the Commercial Hotel in Windsor. These veterans decided to form a district Sub Branch of the RSL and a government grant was approved, the land was purchased in South Windsor and the veterans began being guarantors to the bank for the shortfall funds.
A second-hand shed was purchased and volunteers helped to convert it into a clubhouse with outside toilets. This was officially named Windsor RSL Club, and is fondly recognised as the 'Tin Shed'.
We are very proud of our heritage and relationship with the RSL movement.
About the Sub-Branch
The RSL Sub-Branch is a registered charity and, with the advent of poker machines, Windsor Sub-Branch decided to form Windsor & District RSL Sub-Branch Club Ltd. It was the Windsor & District RSL Sub-Branch Club that built a new clubhouse on our present site.
In 1959, Windsor RSL Club's first Board of Directors began operating. The veterans were guarantors to the bank and allowed the Club Ltd to trade rent-free for some years to become established.
After several extensive renovations to the clubhouse, the Club Ltd became profitable. The Sub-Branch elected to sell the land and building to Windsor RSL Club Ltd. In 2002, RSL headquarters approved the sale and the agreement between the two local organisations, and is now a model for all Sub-Branch to Club Ltd sales.