2016 Annual General Meeting Notice
Notice is hereby given that the Annual General Meeting of members of Windsor RSL Club Ltd will be held at the Club premises located at 36 Argyle Street South Windsor, New South Wales on Sunday 28th August 2016, commencing at 11.00am.
Due notice is hereby given on the Business of the Meeting:
1 Attendance and Apologies
2 To receive and consider the minutes of Annual General Meeting held 30st August 2015
3 To receive and consider the Chairman’s Report
4 To receive and consider the Financial Report, the Directors Report and the Auditors Report for the financial year ended 31st March 2016
5 To consider and if thought fit, approve Ordinary Resolutions
6 To conduct and declare tri-annual elections for Board Positions
7 General Business
Ordinary Resolution No 1:
That pursuant to the Registered Clubs Act the members hereby approve and agree to the members of the Board during the period preceding the 2016 Annual General Meeting receiving the following benefits outlined in sub-paragraphs (1) to (5);
1. Reasonable meal and refreshments associated with each Board meeting of the Club;
2. The provision of a blazer and or, appropriate apparel for the use of Club Directors when representing the Club;
3. The reasonable cost of Directors attending industry meetings, seminars, lectures, trade displays and other similar events as may be determined by the Board from time to time;
4. The reasonable cost of the Directors and their partners attending an annual dinner;
5. The reasonable cost of Directors attending functions whilst representing the Club, and the reasonable cost of their partners attending with them where appropriate, as approved by the Board.
Ordinary Resolution No 2:
"That pursuant to the Registered Clubs Act the members hereby approve the reasonable cost of Directors Partners attending Industry meetings and conferences such as, or similar too, ClubsNSW Conferences and RSL & Services Clubs Association Conferences.
Members acknowledge the benefit of the reasonable cost of Directors Partners attending Industry Meetings and Conferences, and that it is not available to members generally, but only for the partners of Club Directors.
Ordinary Resolution No 3:
"That pursuant to the Registered Clubs Act the members hereby approve the following Annual Director Honorariums, totalling $ 32,500:
1. Chairman ( 1 chairman ) $ 10,000
2. Vice Chairman ( 1 vice chairman ) $ 5,000
3. Director ( 7 directors ) $ 2,500
Procedural Matters in relation to the Ordinary and Special Resolutions
1. To be passed each Ordinary Resolution must receive votes from a simple majority (50%+1) of those members who being eligible to do so vote in person on the Ordinary Resolution at the meeting.
2. Under the Registered Clubs Act, members who are employees of the Club are not entitled to vote. Proxy voting is prohibited by the Registered Clubs Act.
3. Amendments (other than grammatical or other clerical errors or minor typographical corrections which do not change the substance or effect of the special resolutions) will not be permitted from the floor of the meeting.
4. Each Ordinary Resolution must be considered and voted on as a whole.
Note: Detailed questions from members on financial accounting items, must be received in writing by the General Manager a minimum of 14 days prior to the date of the Meeting.
A R Jeffcott